Click here to download the 2016 U.S. Army Corps of Engineers report Benchmarking of the HEC-RAS Two-Dimensional Hydraulic Modeling Capabilities.
Here are some additional resources related to hardware and software benchmarking:
- The performance of HEC-RAS against other models is covered in this blog post about the UK 2D benchmarking results.
- Here is another blog post about optimising your computer system for HEC-RAS.
- A HEC-RAS hardware benchmarking model is in the works; in the meantime, you can get a good feel for the speed differences between computers from TUFLOW’s hardware benchmarking study. [Keep in mind that the TUFLOW run times involve computations, pre-processing, and post-processing without a GUI]
We conducted extensive benchmarking studies comparing the beta version of HEC-RAS 5.0 to TUFLOW and other models in 2015 and 2016. The results have been presented at a number of conferences and seminars, including:
- Engineers Australia, 2015
- International Riversymposium, 2015
- Floodplain Management Australia National Conference, 2017
We are currently in the process of publishing additional updates to the benchmarking studies comparing the effect of subgrid resolution on hydraulic results. Please contact us if you are interested in contributing to future benchmarking studies or subscribe to receive updates as additional results are made available.